Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Angry POF guy's original profile

I stumbled upon my original Angry POF profile the other day. This is the profile that inspired this blog and got a lot more attention than my real-life profile.

The story behind it is quite simple-- I am just an average guy with decent writing skills who wasn't finding much success on POF. One day I simply became agitated and wrote this fake profile. This fake profile received more positive responses than my real profile. I don't know why, I was intentionally trying to be a jerk. But whatever.

Amazingly it was up a full year before POF deleted it. I suppose someone FINALLY was offended by the profile. (By the way, you can right-click the pics to see them in full size so you can read it).


7 comments:

  1. This is not the profile I got to read, if I had I would have been "lol"ing....haha...good one angry pof guy, can't wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this WAS my profile, until POF deleted it. And it got a LOT of attention. Too bad I am unable to cut-and-paste, or I would re-add the original rant to my still active profile.

    I am going to follow a suggestion made to me, however, and make a chick profile just for kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should just marry me APG, we are two sides of the same coin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS of course, that pic in the profile is not my real picture (I think I look better than that but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting how much bad luck even the normal girls get. I've been accused of being a prostitute just today. I just reactivated my account because a friend of mine insists that I just keep trying. I deactivated my account because someone sent me a picture of their butthole haha. I just recently blocked a guy who I found out was married. I guess I am a little naive and shocked that there are prostitutes and fake profiles on pof . I think I am better off meeting g someone the old fashioned way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, POF is known as "Plenty Of Fakes" for a reason.

    It is interesting how websites ultimately attract a certain clientele even if they do not intend to attract just a certain clientele. I don't think Tumblr started out with the intention of attracting mentally ill wannabe feminists suffering from gender identity crises but it does. It seems POF has suffered a similar fate.

    ReplyDelete