Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Soooo.... has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I have been gone for a few months and I haven't checked my POF profile since the last time I posted, but after someone emailed me about this shitblog the other day, I decided to go take a look. It is almost like leaving home on vacation just to see the same place upon return, only with a little more dust. In fact, I don't think some people have changed their profile since that first day she signed up. There is one local profile, for example, who has proclaimed she is "new to the area" since I first saw her profile three years ago. How much Skyline Chili do you eat before you stop claiming you are new to the nasty 'Nati?

Going back to POF is like watching Family Guy reruns. It isn't as funny after seeing it a few times, but I might have it on just because there's nothing better to watch and it is still entertaining.

The other day, I'm out in public and I see a woman that I think I recognize. I walk up and say hi, don't I know her from somewhere, she looks at me funny, as if I'm a homeless dude trying to get some beer money, and says no. Then it dawned on me, I don't know this lady, I have just seen her profile on POF. It was a minor embarrassment. I wish the story was more exciting (no she wasn't my type).

So has this happened to any of my readers? If so, how did you handle it?

2 comments:

  1. I am in a small city in New Hampshire where the "pool" is quite shallow and not at all stocked. I've seen a few of the (allegedly) attractive locals, as well as a few others in the surrounding region on POF for at least a year or so - the time I have been a member. Why they are still single, I know not. However, the more I study the more I am starting to believe that have been on for longer than my short tenure.

    This gets better and what happened to you has happened to me.

    Case in point: http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=13044493

    When I first joined POF last year I tried to contact this girl. The pictures she posted appeared nice enough and there were no negative comments and no overblown stipulations.

    Read, deleted - no reply. No problem with me. I suppose I wasn't her type and perhaps my lack of a motorcycle was it. Still acceptable.

    A few weeks ago, I happened to be in a local retail establishment and something about the girl at the counter looked familiar. At first I could not place it, but after a few minutes of conversation, which by the way was not very pleasant as she was a bit of a snot-nose (it seemed I was interrupting her) I finally got it. It was "her". Besides the nasty demeanor, she looked nothing like her photos. They must have been at least ten years old. Her face was aged, she had hands as big and as beat up as any carpenter's, her ass was as big as a caboose, and the final turn-off was the raspy cigarette-smokers voice that was as deep as any man's.

    Good thing she never replied...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. I have to admit I've been on for years, just not as an active searcher. However, I see a few of the same people ALL the time. And some I've met are nothing like how they are advertised.

      Delete