Saturday, November 16, 2013

Gripe for the day: Whoever works on the POF website needs a geography lesson

I decided to check my profile for the first time in weeks, and I have a minor complain (I know, stop the presses, right)?

Here's the deal-- if you don't use the "search" function to narrow your search, and pick one of those six random women at the top of every profile page, or that "online' function, you can get someone in a metropolitan are 100+ miles away.

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio (Chilitown USA, BTW), and I don't consider Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Louisville KY, Lexington KY, or Indianapolis IN "local." Let me put it to you this way-- if you don't even have a Skyline Chili or Gold Star Chili restaurant in your neighborhood, you are not "local" to me.

As you can imagine, I have had my moments where I finally see an intriguing profile, and I want to send a message. But wait! I need to pull out the Atlas (they still make those things) and find some town called "Xenia, Ohio." Or "Pikeville, Kentucky." Personally, I'd like to date someone from Intercourse, Pennsylvania, but instead I dated the woman from Hell, Michigan (well, if you're gonna get hitched you may as well go to Hell while you're at it).

Aside from getting a regional geography lesson, there is another small issue-- the fact we haven't had reasonable gas prices since the Clinton administration. Unless you can afford a hybrid, those gas prices become a factor in decision making. Forget love conquering all, Big Oil conquers love.

Maybe instead of "looking for sparks," you should be looking for someone combustible instead.

Bottom Line:

POF, fire your web designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment